About Our Church
Join us for Service this Sunday at 11:00 am
1. We believe that God created all things.
2. We believe Jesus Christ is the son of the living God.
3. We accept Scripture as God’s Word.
4. We celebrate the Eucharist weekly
5. We practice baptism by immersion also by affusion (pouring) and aspersion (sprinkling). We have a baptismal in the church near the altar but go to the lake to immerse.
6. We recognize and celebrate diversity among all people and within Christ’s Church.
FATHER, MIKE MAXWELL
Father Mike Maxwell was a successful businessman who answered a personal call to ministry. He is a graduate of Texas Christian University and was active in youth leadership for many years.
He is an ordained Anglican priest and founding minister of The Church at Lake Cherokee. Mike is married to Lynda; and they are the proud parents of three adult children, Brandon, Kady and Dylan. Mike and Lynda have two grandsons, Mason and Max.
PASTOR, BILL BLANKS
A native of Macon, Georgia and graduate of Barton College, Bill is married to Laura Lea Blanks. They have two adult children, Noah and Jordan.
Bill is an avid golfer who also enjoys riding all terrain vehicles and camping with his family.
At The Church at Lake Cherokee Bill has shared responsibilities for preaching, pastoral care, teaching, youth and children’s ministry, education, and small group ministry.
MINISTER, DR. BILL SMYTHE
Bill Smythe is a graduate of Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, Texas and holds masters and doctorate degrees from Brite Divinity School, TCU. As an ordained Disciples of Christ and Anglican minister, he has served churches in Longview, Big Spring, San Antonio, San Angelo and Arlington, Texas.
Bill has three adult children, Jabin, Jussin and Janay, and is the proud grandparent of Brandyce, Jordan and Daley.